ETS-020: tVault HDCP 2.2
The tVault™ HDCP 2.2 Software Development Kit (HDCP SDK) is a field proven and robust hardware-assisted content protection solution for streaming digital entertainment content over wireless and wireline interfaces on connected devices.
The tVault HDCP 2.x SDK provides OEMs and embedded system and device manufacturers a seamless implementation of the HDCP 2.2 standard in a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), allowing them to shorten their development cycle and fully meet the stringent compliancy and robustness requirements of the DCP LLC licensing authority.
The solution has been fully integrated with all major WFD/Miracast wireless video stacks and Global Platform compliant Trusted Execution Environments (TEE).
HDCP 2.2 is an essential security technology that allows consumers to enjoy high definition premium content anywhere and anytime, while safeguarding the rights of media producers to protect their investment in programming production.
The tVault HDCP 2.2 consists of firmware, standard APIs, hardware support and acceleration that runs efficiently in limited resource environments. The solution provides smooth streaming of High Definition (HD) content and integrates seamlessly within frameworks such as ARM TrustZone®, where the critical security components are embedded in a trusted and secure OS environment. The non-critical components are executed by the rich OS, such as Android.
The solution is based on the latest specification HDCP IIA Revision 2.2 and it supports all mandatory elements of copy protection: authentication and key exchange, content encryption and system renewability. It is backwards compatible with HDCP 2.0 and 2.1.
- Field-proven, widely deployed
- Compliant with the HDCP IIA 2.2 standard
- Meets robustness requirements
- Backwards compatible with 2.0 and 2.1
- Supports ARM TrustZone™
- Built for Trusted Execution Environments
- Global Platform compliant
- Integrated with all major Miracast™ / Wi-Fi Display™ (WFD) stacks
- Portable architecture
- Platforms – ARM, MIPS, x86 (32 and 64 bit), PPC, Tensilica
- Target OS – Android, Linux, Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS
- Can operate as transmitter, receiver or repeater
- Compact footprint
- Hardware acceleration (optional)
- Complete solution
- Highly configurable, flexible and reliable
- NIST CAVP Certified
- Optimized for size and performance
- GPL-Free Code
- Platform/OS agnostic
- Significantly reduces development cycles
- Optional support for HDCP hardware acceleration and offload for embedded processors
- Wi-Fi Display (WFD™) / Miracast™
- Consumer Electronics
- Set top boxes
- Game consoles
- Media centers
- Portable media devices
- Digital TV streaming controllers
- DVD players
- Product Brief: ETS-020: tVault HDCP 2.x
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.